Accelerator Days - Inventory & Supply Chain Planning
Day 1: Demand & Product Management
We will kick off this training program with one of the corners of the Supply Chain Triangle; i.e. Demand Planning and Product Management. These functions are widely accepted as being a vital cornerstone to efficiently driving your business. In its basics, creating a forecast as such – even with complicated algorithms – is a rather straightforward task to accomplish. In goes historical data, a selection of calculations occur, and out comes a prediction on which you can base future business decisions. Right? Clearly, nothing could be further from the truth.
8:00 – 9:00 Welcome coffee
9:00 – 12:00 Morning session
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 16:30 Afternoon session
16:30 – 18:00 Networking opportunity
During this module, we will dive into various advanced topics related to Demand Planning and Product Management, and create insights on questions like:
- How can I get the most out of my statistical forecasting? How far should I go in complexity?
- How can we achieve the most forecast value add by setting up the right collaborative processes?
- How can this qualitative information best be captured and translated into numbers?
- What about new product introductions, events, promotions, tenders, and so on?
- How can we use both quantitative and qualitative segmentation to assure we put the right amount of effort in the forecasting process in alignment with our business strategies?
- What types of forecasting accuracy measures could be used, and what are the pitfalls of not clearly understanding their behaviour?
- What level of detail is needed on the short, mid, to long term?
- Can we improve our forecasting in the longer term by looking at external influences such as macro-economic indicators or weather? What’s the difference with Big Data?
- How to make sure that we consistently and consequently review all forecasts needed on their respective time intervals, and how does segmentation help us?
- What about demand planning in 2020? And in 2030?
These topics and many more will be covered during this session, supported by advanced content material, insightful and fun exercises and challenging discussions.