Accelerator Days - Inventory & Supply Chain Planning
Day 2: Inventory & Supply Planning
On day 2, we continue to broaden our knowledge with 2 other corners of the Supply Chain Triangle; i.e. Inventory and Supply Planning. The goal of this day is to understand the back and forth linking between different levels of supply planning and how to connect your strategies with your day-today operations while managing the appropriate stock levels. Efficiently managing the use of assets and suppliers and allocation of resources, will ensure your business to become flexible, sustainable, protected against risk and ready for opportunities. While having interactive discussions and execute meaningful exercises, you’ll discover how to achieve optimal service levels by setting your inventory targets in line with strategies, balancing costs and revenues. Go home with new insights on using analysis techniques to unlock money sitting in excess and obsolete stocks and review replenishment strategies where beneficial. Get insight in multi-echelon techniques to optimize the whole.
8:00 – 9:00 Welcome coffee
9:00 – 12:00 Morning session
12:00 – 13:00 Lunch
13:00 – 16:30 Afternoon session
16:30 – 18:00 Networking opportunity
During this module, we will dive into various advanced topics related to Inventory and Supply Planning, and create insights on questions like:
- How do we correctly value inventory costs? How to align valuations from a supply chain and finance perspective?
- Where to position customer order decoupling points, and how regularly to reconsider them?
- How to calculate different types of safety stocks, and what aspects do we need to keep in mind?
- What are the appropriate reporting tools to set up, both for strategic as for execution purposes?
- Where are the possibilities to go for chase strategies, and in case of level strategies, how do I connect these best to my inventory replenishment strategies?
- How to follow-up and prepare capacity planning internally, and how to communicate with suppliers on their own expected available capacities?
- When looking at the different levels of supply planning, how do we connect these levels top-down and bottom-up?
- What to report on, and how to prepare different scenarios assessing risks and opportunities?
- And what disruptive changes are forthcoming in 2020? And 2030?
These topics and many more will be covered during this session, supported by advanced content material, insightful and fun exercises and challenging discussions.