Procurement and negotiation go hand in hand. The practical 2-day workshop “Efficient Negotiation for Purchasers” provides you with the necessary tricks, tactics and techniques to get started successfully. You will also learn the crucial importance of good preparation.
Purchasers with 3 to 5 years’ experience - Sourcing specialists, procurement analysts, Category buyers, contract buyers
Smile – you are on camera
Using filmed role-plays, you will get feedback about your own negotiation approach.
A digital camera is used. This makes it possible to go back immediately to various filmed fragments and breakthrough moments to provide in-depth feedback.
Part 1: Negotiation techniques
- Basic pillars of negotiation
- Setting objectives: dream scenario – minimum scenario – walk away position
- Translating tactical choices into key messages and concrete communication
- Negotiation style in relation to the procurement position
- Sources of power of the negotiator
- Negotiation tactics: structure, time, authority, budget, emotion, etc.
- Phasing of the structure
- Role distribution, location and accommodation
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Communication pitfalls and success factors
Part 2: Negotiation Workshop
Application with concrete case studies, including holding filmed negotiations
- Defining objectives
- Determining structure and composition
- Tactical implementation according to the structure
- Conducting negotiations
The trainer assists the teams in their preparation, gives immediate feedback after each round of negotiations and discusses the most important conclusions, tips and findings with everyone.