VIB (Belgium), NEVI (Netherlands) and SILF (Sweden) launch together the Procurement Leadership Program – an international masterclass program on executive level.
Program Director is Prof. Dr. Frank Rozemeijer of Maastricht University.
An investment in your future
The Procurement Leadership Program (PLP) seeks to advance your leadership capabilities, challenge you with the latest thinking in (procurement) management and leadership and invites you to reflect on new behavioral strategies.
Interdisciplinary study approach
Together with a group of talented peers, you will examine the qualities a procurement leader must develop to succeed. Through faculty lectures, case studies, videos, group work, and individual coaching, you will balance thought-provoking debate with self-reflection.
Modules and peer coaching sessions
The program is made up of six modules and 5 peer coaching sessions (5x3hours; dates and venue will be confirmed according to the participants). In each module professors and guest speakers will share their knowledge and experience with you. The peer coaching is focused on developing your personal effectiveness as a business leader.
- Theory behind diagnosis and analysis of your leadership
- Practical solutions to your leadership issues
- Aligning procurement strategy with the strategy of your organization
- New business models and the consequences for your procurement strategy
- Using metaphors to look at organizations from multiple perspectives
- Desiging and developing effective procurement organizations
- Management control problems in procurement and solutions
- Target setting and performance measurement: challenges for procurement
- Key innovation trends and the consequences for your organization
- How you can innovate with help from your suppliers
- Performance contracts and situations in which you can apply them
- Managing Change
- Strategies for various types of change
- Why do logical change interventions so often produce illogical effects?
- Stagnating patterns and how you unintentionally maintain them
During the first module, participants will form business project teams (3-4 members each). The teams will work together on developing a new approach for a procurement issue that is relevant for their organization. Deliverables are a project report and a 2-hour workshop in which they present their project findings to the other participants and the examination board.
In order to evaluate your performance, different assignments will be assessed and graded. Apart from that, you will be invited to write a short reflection blog after each module. For the business project, three elements will be graded: the project report, the team workshop and your individual performance during the workshop. Finally, your engagement in the peer coaching sessions will be graded on a pass/no pass basis.
After successful completion of the Procurement Leadership Program, you will receive an officially approved diploma.
HOW TO APPLY
Belgian candidates must apply via VIB. Entry into the PLP is subject to an admission procedure. We will ask you to complete an education and experience portfolio and submit an up-to-date CV. You will be invited for an intake appointment with the program advisor. The intake is intended to mutually align expectations and discuss whether you meet the requirements. You will receive a confirmation of participation soon after the intake.
In cooperation with