The tactical level of the general VIB procurement courses offers a broader perspective on procurement. You get a broad view on what procurement is, insight into the principles of ‘the numbers tell the tale’ and you learn the most important financial knowledge and how to translate this into ways to reduce costs. The entire tactical procurement process is examined: from market analysis through sourcing to contracting.
This training level is aimed at purchasers, buyers, sourcing specialists with 3 to 5 years’ experience who want to get a broader view on procurement and sourcing and who want to evolve along with a dynamic purchasing department.
The Tactical Procurement training cycle comprises the following modules:
- Tactical Procurement: from sourcing to contract (4 days)
- Efficient negotiation for purchasers (2 days)
After following these training modules you can:
- Function efficiently in an international, professional procurement organisation
- Create and interpret a spend and portfolio analysis
- Distinguish and use technical and functional specifications
- Evaluate and select new suppliers
- Prepare a procurement budget and know the financial impact of procurement
- Report your procurement results in a professional manner
- Prepare a negotiation meeting efficiently and conduct it with the desired result
- Conclude a conclusive procurement contract and identify legal risks
- Recognise the different steps towards procurement maturity and situate your own department within them
Supply Chain Masters certificate Tactical Purchaser
This training level is the best preparation for obtaining the SCM certificate
Tactical Procurement. To obtain this certificate you must take a written examination. You can take examinations on separate modules up to 3 years after the start of the course.
||N° of days
|1. From Sourcing to contract
|2. Efficient Negotiation for Purchasers - WORKSHOP
|Total price with 10% discount (if you subscribe for both modules)